1. Student Groups Space: storage for groups, a variety of meeting rooms
2. Study space: dedicated space for collaboration and silent study. Tables, rooms, nooks, lounges—you name it.
3. Events: a new and unique space on campus dedicated to events (SAMU, student initiatives, student groups and external clients). The best part: when there isn’t an event, the space is transformed into study space.
4. Retail: more food, better food. We’re excited to provide more food options to our students.
5. Programs and Services: a new building means an opportunity to better our SAMU programs and services. We will have a dedicated space for the Breakfast Club, more storage for the SAMU Food Bank, safe spaces for Peer Support and more.
6. Offices: SAMU will call the new building home, and this means our offices will be moving into into it. This move means students can find us and access us with ease.
7. Sustainability: how can sustainability be in a building, you ask? How about more windows, natural light, plants (perhaps a green wall), patio space, and an overall emphasis placed on the wellbeing of our students—sound good?